Saturday, June 17, 2006

About snow... and blessings


Now that I've said about rain... I really have to talk about snow..
If I haven't told before, it was one of my greatest ambitions to be join my uni. Things were never simple and we almost never made it.... but we did.. ( we- me and Nirupama)and all the way my prayers somehow always had snow in it....
While I was in India and still unsure about whether we would make it, I used to always tell mom that my next Christmas would be white...
I loved Scotland from the moment we touched down...I could always feel the presence of God here with us... probably the strength of my mom's prayers...
And I always look for instant messages from God
;)Now, this bit, I know it's funny, but this is not MSN.... everyone finds it funny... but it works for me and I trust it.... now it goes like this.... I might be watching TV and might just say a secret prayer.... if the next commercial that appears say....'we bring good things to life' I tend to beleive that my prayer will be answered...funny... but trust me the above one happened to me...)So my most memorable instant message came on the night of christmas eve, 24th December 2004... it snowed for the first time in Glasgow... I will never forget that first time I saw snow fall in my life... It was not snow fall....it was a heavenly feeling.... soft flakes of snow falling very mildly....like stars... I could feel the divine presence... Glasgow was all decorated with Christmas lights ( it's a tradition of the city and the lights on is a big ceremony a month before Christmas)and the whole city looked like an old coke ad (an old one which shows a Christmas procession)...it was amazing...it was my first snow... and it came on a Christmas eve...
The next day morning I woke up to my life's first white Christmas... and when I walked down to the Cathedral...the pavement was white... the building roofs and lawns... all white.... the enchanting cathedral partly covered in snow...
I didn't have much to say in the Cathedral... I just said
Thank you God... thanks for everything....

P.S: I waited for a year to make it very sure that the message was clear, about the white Christmas.... it didn't snow on Christams day this year... it hadn't previous few years either...so I beleive it was God's way of telling me that he is there for us...
P.P.S: And there is a small bit more without which this wouldn't be complete... I didn't have a digital camera to shoot the snow pics then, Niru and I bought our Sony five days before going home, going home after 17 1/2 months....four days before leaving for India, as I walked down for job my mind just said... 'God, if it would snow one of these days I could show the pics to my parents'. well, the second week of March isn't the period of heavy snowfall anywhere... not in Glasgow of all.
But it snowed.... fom midnight... for 8hrs... Glasgow recorded it's thickest snow fall of some few years...I got my pics( that one is the first one ).... My family loved them.....Thankyou God...if this isn't the message what else is??

2 Comments:

Blogger CAR said...

I am happy that you see the signs Divi

5:39 PM  
Blogger mrudhu said...

don kno if u r gonna believe me,but this is t first time tat m so emotionally charged when writin a comment...ur prose is beautiful n it struck a chord somewher in me..n u kno,i'v t same habit of thinkin my prayers wil b answered if somethin sweet comes on tv..3 cheers to tat!!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home