Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer rain

Rain.... I've always loved rain...Grey rainy evenings brought me a tranquility always...Sitting on the bed next to big glass windows and watching the rain.... Playing with the kitchen set...Fetching rain water....Paper boats...Picking a wet news paper in the morning...Even going to the school under an umbrella...I always had the most special colors in them.. Violet, pink,yellow, red, green....
This time when I went home I was watching the home video of the floods my dad and brother shot for me... There was enough water for my nephew to sit on a thermocoal boat and roam around...it was so much of fun and Adi looked so happy....I missed the rains in India...I was just wishing that I hadn't gone back in the peak of summer....
I missed the wet garden and the smell of the mud....I just wished if it would rain...
Rain is never the same in Glasgow...When you are living at six or seven degrees it's more of a pain...and the winds are so ferocious... My beautiful pink umbrella is a real fighter though...
I miss the rains in India... The monsoons are a part of home... The tranquility comes from being with the most loved people in the most loved place....And probably because it's only at home that you can wish for anything and your wishes are granted...Like my wish for a rain...
It rained all night after I watched Adi's video... And fetched wet newspaper in the morning....
Summer rains are probably the best part of living at home....It's like life...Something good is always in the waiting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home